What you should know.
We are a small group of passionate folks doing big things in a massive market. Join us as we make our dent in the universe.
Pagely is a bootstrapped and profitable company that's growing - fast. We got that way with hard work and a deep commitment to quality of product and service. We adhere to a talk less, do more mentality. Old school work ethic, like your grandpa taught you.
What we can do for you.
- 100% Remote Work
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Coverage (US Residents)
- 401k w/ 4% match (US Residents)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
Dir. of Sales – SaaS Cloud Hosting
Dir. of Enterprise Sales – SaaS Cloud Hosting
Full-Time in United States – Remote OK – Senior – Sales
(SaaS, Enterprise, B2B, Business Development, AWS Cloud, Hosting)
Who We Are
We are Pagely, the pioneer and premium provider of Managed WordPress Hosting. For 10yrs we have been helping Enterprise, Higher Education and Media brands scale and secure their WordPress workloads in the cloud. Our culture is service-oriented and customer-centric.
You May Be
You are a high integrity and accountable SaaS sales leader and manager with a proven track record in new business development and closing Enterprise accounts. You have a habit of exceeding revenue targets and believe mentoring, training, and process are key to your overall team’s success. You excel in prospecting and stakeholder discovery. You identify with the importance of building rapport, cultivating key relationships, and the data accuracy of your CRM.
What You’ll Do
- Strategize: You’ll develop and execute a strategy to close major accounts and opportunities by targeting and establishing relationships with key decision-makers (typically at the CIO and CMO level).
- Set and Hit Targets: You’ll present our solutions in a compelling way, allowing you to qualify and understand prospective opportunities so you can exceed booking and revenue quota targets.
- Mentor, Manage, and Report: You’ll serve as an exceptional leader and act as an advocate to drive the achievement of individual/team business and results-based growth targets. Develop sales goals and objectives including sales volume, compensation plans, playbooks, sales collateral, cost of sales, product profitability, and provide accurate forecasts of annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams. Prepare and present reports to internal stakeholders.
- Land and Expand: Our existing and target clients are rarely “one and done”. You’ll work to uncover significant expansion opportunities through navigating the procurement and MSA process and periodic client consultations.
- Always Be Sourcing: You’ll prospect, qualify, and cultivate new revenue opportunities, channels, and partnerships.
- Some Travel: We are a fully remote company and our existing and future clients are all over the world. You understand the value of face-to-face interaction with key clients and prospects when presenting our solutions and building your pipeline.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of sales experience in SaaS software and/or infrastructure products
- Direct field experience and extensive customer network within Enterprise, Fortune 1000, Public Sector, and large multi-divisional/multinational companies
- Strategic and tactical experience scaling companies from $10-20MM to beyond through multiple phases of growth.
- Demonstrated history of exceeding booking and revenue targets
- Proven experience developing relationships with senior executives
- Proven experience working closely with, or leading marketing initiatives
- Proven experience building and managing successful sales teams
- Strong ability to close sales, run accurate pipeline and forecast, manage CRM
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bonus if you have experience developing a channel sales program
- Competitive Salary/Bonus/Comp
- Healthcare coverage(Primary and Dependant)
- 401k + 4% Match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote Work
- Stock Option Plan
DevOps Engineer – Remote – Jr. Level
We are currently prioritizing candidates interested in our 2nd shift (2PM-10PM MST) and 3rd shift (1AM-9AM MST). UK, AU, and other International candidates are welcome to apply for this remote position.
Current openings are for Junior-level DevOps Engineers. Starting annual salary range is $50,000-65,000 USD depending on your experience level. This is a great opportunity for a technical support engineer to move into an operations and developer role.
DevOps at Pagely builds and maintains the infrastructure powering our Managed WordPress Hosting Platform. By providing coverage across 3 shifts, our international team of DevOps Engineers helps our customers sleep more soundly knowing their sites are in good hands. Using many of the available services on Amazon Web Services, languages such as PHP, Lua, and Python, and tools like Ansible and Terraform, we’re always working to improve an already-great platform that many global brands and companies consider to be the only viable home for their mission-critical web properties.
Being a DevOps Engineer at Pagely is not just a glorified sysadmin gig. We empower each member of the team to take on recurring problems and solve them instead of settling for the status quo. Responsibilities rotate between handling incoming alerts, fielding the more complex support tickets for our clients, and working on various projects to improve efficiency, monitoring, performance, and features.
The ideal candidate is someone who feels at home in an SSH terminal or with an API, but also enjoys interacting directly with customers via our online helpdesk and over Slack. Contributing to and refining our documentation is a routine part of our processes. As a remote team, we are brought together by tools and automation that help us all collaborate asynchronously.
Naturally, working with WordPress is a major part of the job, but there are many underlying technologies and supporting systems you’ll gain experience with as part of your day-to-day work. Experience with Ubuntu Linux, NGINX, PHP-FPM, Redis, MySQL, Apache, ElasticSearch, Jenkins, InfluxDB — just to name a few — will give you an advantage in getting up to speed. But, we’re a team with diverse talents. If you aren’t super familiar with everything listed here, that’s okay too.
Customer Support Platform Engineer
Current priority is in the EU.
As a Pagely support tech, you are an integral part of the Pagely team and responsible for creating an exceptional experience for our customers. You strive to provide superior customer support and genuinely enjoy helping people. You love learning and have a strong background of working with WordPress, HTML and CSS and PHP debugging skills. As a support tech you have patience, great communication skills and create graceful solutions to complex problems. You will be responsible for handling all incoming customer support issues, responding in a professional, timely, manner and keeping an open line of communication with customers and between your team members.
This is a technical customer-facing position, you need to know your way around a Linux command line and have an understanding of the building blocks of the WWW (Domains, DNS, Servers, Web Caching, etc.)
We run a ‘tier-less’ support organization. There’s no designation like Level 1 or 2 for support reps – here, everyone is skilled.
- Enjoy problem solving
- Passion for helping people
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Self motivated and Disciplined
- Technically adept
- Organized with an understanding of prioritizing
- Desire to learn
- Firm grasp in all areas of WordPress (core, themes, plugins)
- Linux Command line skills
- Skilled in LAMP/LEMP stacks
- Experience with DNS
- Skilled in PHP/MySql
- Basic knowledge of networks and cloud computing