The Pagely ScholarshipHelping underrepresented college students pay for their education
Scholarship Details and Application
The Pagely Scholarship for Underrepresented Students
At Pagely, we value the commitment to life-long learning from our future tech leaders. Starting the learning process may create stress due to higher education costs. Pagely wants to help return the focus to academics.
Now in its 2nd year, the Pagely Scholarship plans to award $500 to three inspiring students. Our focus acknowledges the under-represented and often overlooked bright student.
We were incredibly inspired by last year’s applicants and finalists, and we can’t wait to see who joins us this year.
Check out last year’s finalists here: The 2018 Pagely Scholarship Recipients
$1,500 evenly distributed between three selected students
- Accepted into an accredited college/university
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student
- Please write an 800 to 1500 word essay on how you hope to personally contribute to technological advances throughout your lifetime. We encourage authenticity, integrity, and vulnerability. What aspects of your life contribute to these hopes? What specifics do you hope to achieve? How could this change the future of tech?
- Please record a 5 minute video. In your video, provide a summary explaining your essay. Share it with us via YouTube link. Typically one-take, unrehearsed videos prove best.
- Submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter from an accredited university. Crosscheck that your school exists in the official website of the U.S. Department of Education.
Submitting Your Application
Please complete the form on this page to submit your application.
The form must include:
- Full name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Attached evidence of your current academic status that you are currently enrolled at a college as set forth above. We will accept an acceptance letter or most recent tuition billing statement as proof of enrollment. By applying for this scholarship, you give us express consent to confirm your admission and attendance by contacting the college or university.
- Your written submission as a Google document via a shareable link. Essays in any other form will not be accepted.
- Please share your video as a YouTube link. The video can be private, though sharing your story could help to inspire others as well! If you’d like to keep it private on YouTube, make it “unlisted” so that it is not public. Please title the video file with your full name and Pagely Scholarship 2019. The YouTube video must exist and be shareable up until the selection announcement date, though feel free to keep them up indefinitely.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is June 11th, 2019. Finalists announced by June 21st, 2019
Scholarships given based on the review of student’s essay and video by the co-founder of Pagely, Sally Strebel.
Direct questions to: email@example.com
Pagely sends scholarship funds via check, PayPal, or other means.
You Inspire Us
Proof of enrollment:
Attached evidence of your current academic status that you are currently enrolled at a college as set forth above. We will accept an acceptance letter or most recent tuition billing statement as proof of enrollment. By applying for this scholarship, you give us express consent to confirm your admission and attendance by contacting the college or university.
Preferred file formats: jpg, gif, png, pdf
Link to your essay:
Your written submission as a Google document via a shareable link. Essays in any other form will not be accepted.
Link to your video:
Please share your video as a YouTube link. The video can be private, though sharing it might inspire others as well. If you’d like to keep it private on YouTube, make it “unlisted” so that it is not public. Please title the video file with your full name and Pagely Scholarship 2019. The YouTube video must exist and be shareable up until the winner announcement date.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos, videos, and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to the Pagely Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is accurate and complete.
The applicant automatically grants Pagely, its agents and/or representatives permission to:
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by Pagely.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, video, and essay on Pagely.com web site.
- Call and/or send information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on Pagely social media pages.
Students must show proof of current enrollment to an accredited US college, university or vocational/trade school within 21 calendar days by submitting either a copy of the tuition bill or a letter of proof from the school. In the event a winner cannot prove their enrollment to an accredited college, university or vocational/trade school, Pagely will revoke the award for that individual and award it to the next runner-up.