Category: Pagely News
PressBrew Launches to Serve the Growing Beer Needs of the WP Community
It’s estimated that WordPress now powers 28% of the internet – but did you know that beer powers 93% of the WordPress community? (The remaining 7% is divided between whiskey, wine and amphetami… er, coffee.) This staggering figure was the impetus behind Pagely’s quest to quench the thirst of WordPress enthusiasts everywhere, via the bold […]
An Awkward Moment With Steve Wozniak
A note from Pagely Co-Founder Sally Strebel Meeting a famous person is kind of like being a spectator at the zoo. Why? Because when people meet someone who’s been deemed successful by society, they stare, take photos, and demand a certain kind of experience. Heck — they might have even paid money to meet this […]
Introducing PULSAR™: Apex Hosting for Sophisticated WordPress Sites
Pagely is proud to introduce a new class in the managed WordPress hosting space: PULSAR PULSAR is specifically designed for the most powerful sites in the WordPress ecosystem, exceeding the needs of high-traffic properties like Disney, VISA and Comcast. Key PULSAR Features Include: Custom High-Availability Production AWS Cluster Post-Deploy Code Review Dedicated Aurora RDS Database […]
PressCDN™ – The CDN for those that love WordPress
Make your WordPress site fly! Pagely is already one of the fastest and most secure places to host your WordPress site. For those that demand even more speed, we have developed a new breed of WordPress CDN service named PressCDN specifically for those that love WordPress. We’ve partnered with top tier providers to bring you […]
A Look at Pagely’s New Account Management Features
The Pagely dev team is continually working to improve our Managed WordPress Hosting features, and as 2016 comes to a close, we have some notable announcements. First up are a few enhancements to the way user permissions and account management are handled within Atomic, the Pagely hosting control panel. Clients can now employ a single […]
Down-Selling For The Win
Let’s play a quick round of Jeopardy! Player: “I’ll take Sales Techniques for $1000” Host: “Whereby a seller induces the customer to purchase more expensive items, upgrades or other add-ons in an attempt to make a more profitable sale” Player: “What is Up-Selling” ### Up-Selling is probably the most ballyhooed tactic for increasing revenue in […]
Managed WordPress Hosting is 7 years old.
7 years ago this month, Pagely launched as a service that aimed to smooth and eliminate some of the technical hurdles of launching and hosting a WordPress powered site. It was a brand new category at the time, and now Managed WordPress Hosting is a ubiquitous channel within the broader Hosting industry. Estimates paint just […]
Hosting Options, Not Mandates. Deploy and Stage WordPress Your Way.
Inside the WordPress developer community there is the mantra “Decisions not Options” which when applied to the UX/UI of the WordPress application attempts to streamline the user experience by making sensible choices on behalf the user and reducing confusion and clutter. Every time you give a user an option, you are asking them to make […]
HTTPoxy and WordPress.
The vulnerability d’jour this week was named HTTPoxy, an applicable pun on pox and proxy. We have patched our servers for this already, and are here to take a few extra steps to help explain the vulnerability and hopefully spread a little knowledge. The first part of this post will explain how the HTTPoxy vulnerability […]
One Rogue Plugin: A noncanonical Star Wars and WordPress security story.
Over the last week the news has been littered with stories about data leaks. From one of the biggest data leaks in history, the Panama Papers* to a movie that tells the story about a data leak a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away! “Rogue One” coming out in late 2016. Star […]